Fantasy Football 2.0: Playing For Jane Doe Inc
If you listen to the podcast Topics on Fire or know about my proposed SXSW panel on saving the world with social media, you know that using technology and our networks for real world change is near and dear to my heart. To that end, when Adam Ostrow of Mashable and Readburner mentioned a social media fantasy football league for charity, I was all over it. I wasn’t the only one. One thing I love about the people of social media: most of us really want to give back. The other people in the league are all worthy opponents – too bad I’m going to have to give all their money to the charity I’m playing for, Jane Doe Inc.
The Fantasy Football 2.0 League has some stellar social media people playing for various charities. They are:
- Mallory Dash – National Partnership for Women and Families
- Chris Lucas – Nothing but Nets
- Meg Fowler – Jane Doe, Inc.
- Micah Baldwin – Donors Choose
- Adam Ostrow – The National Alliance for Autism Research
- Leslie Poston – Jane Doe, Inc.
- Michael Davis – Cancer for College
- Jonathan Joseph – American Cancer Society
- Aaron Brazell – Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Jeff from (Jeff) is a Geek – Boy Scouts of America
My team is awesome and I will have a blast kicking some butt for charity this season!
Payton Manning – QB, Ind
Donté Stallworth – WR, Cle
DJ Hackett – WR, Car
Lee Evans – WR, Buf
Rashard Mendenhall – RB, Pit
Kevin Smith – RB, Det
Owen Daniels – TE, Hou
Steve Slaton – RB, Hou
Aaron Rodgers – QB, GB
Derrick Mason – WR, Bal
Bernard Berrian – WR, Min
Adrian Peterson – RB, Chi
Nick Folk – K, Cle
Mason Crosby – K, GB
Baltimore – DEF